Wednesday 26 December 2007

Bah humbug. no really.

This has got to be one of the worst holidays ever for me. I started feeling ill on Saturday during my shift at The Castle but wasn't too bad. Luckily I knew that I didn't have to do anything on Sunday so I could just rest and hopefully be OK to travel on Monday to see my gran in Nice. John and Leah lent me 7 DVDs to keep me glued to the couch and I had loads of drugs waiting for me when I got home. However, no cocktail of paracetemol, vitamin C and echinacea could stop this one. Full of self-pity I rang my mum up at 3 am (my time, not hers) and we both agreed that it would not be wise for me to risk getting my nonagenarian gran ill so I had to miss my flight. Jon and Laura have let me have Solly for a few days so at least I'm not on my own. Unfortunately, as Christmas day was a mostly wet and muddy affair and Solly is a big hairy dog my flat is looking really really dirty. Not that I really mind, it's nicer having him around than being on my own. I finally feel better today, but not well enough to start doing anything beyond long walks. This is, obviously, very irritating because In about two weeks I'm going to be tested again for fitness levels and right now I feel about as fit as...I don't know...something really unfit!

1 comment:

Diane Merrick said...

Hope you're feeling lots better.