Wednesday 5 December 2007

Theory test, The Arch and more

After recovering from the weekend I took the day off work on Monday to study for my driving theory test. Took the test and passed the multiple choice with 50 out of 50! The Hazard Perception really threw though. I didn't understand what I was meant to be perceiving (am I meant to click for every pedestrian, cyclist, etc. or just when they do something stupid?) and I was getting more and more agitated. I was nearly in tears at the thought that I might fail this test. I never fail tests. Somehow managed to pass and since I was in the corner stopped by The Arch to see Fred and his new wall. Looks really good- I can't wait to have somewhere else to train. I'm also keen to see how Dylan's new holds work. I really like the shapes of the ones that I've seen. Back at The Castle I spent the evening in the Catacomb- nothing like long roof problems to sort out body tension. It's getting reset this week anyway so I wanted a last blast on a few of the problems. Ended up climbing with an old friend of mine and had a really nice time.

Tuesday I did some routes with Mike. I haven't done routes in ages and just missed it a bit. My head's not the best for leading indoors at the best of times so I just did lots of volume at the lower grades. Had a few moments of glory- did Steve McClure's 7a+ on the fang which involves campusing up the side of the fang and seconded Gaz's 7b+/7c on my second attempt upstairs.

Today (Wednesday) I'm testing for the Boulder Ladder and then we're putting Mike and Ray in the firing line for an open forum.

No comments: