Tuesday 18 December 2007

The importance of family

A bit of a heavy title, I know. It's been a very heavy week for me though. My gran died last week aged 93. I was meant to see her just 3 days later. I'm OK with that- I mean she had a good run of it and she died very quickly. The sad thing for me is that she leaves behind her partner of nearly 70 years- my 'papy'. It was really hard seeing him say goodbye to her. However, every the optimist, I have all the more reason to have a few sneaky trips to Font as he only lives about 45 mins away! In fact, I managed two days out. Worked on the red circuit at Roche aux Sabots. It was amazing on Friday- perfect weather and the whole day I only saw about 3 people in this usually packed out place! The next day I took my cousin with me. He's grown up in Paris, but has never been climbing and had no clue about Font. He absolutely loved it- I can't wait to go back with him and get him in some proper boots!

Trainingwise, I haven't been able to do anything but I really don't care because while I spend most of the year putting myself and my climbing first it was good and right to put my family first. My grandad is 97 now and I can only hope that he'll be around next October when I go back to Paris for the European Championships. So I'm pretty psyched for that. Back at work and back to routine tomorrow.

No comments: