Wednesday 28 November 2007

bonjour maman!

Yep, my mum's arriving tomorrow morning from Chicago to see her favourite (and only) daughter. I'm really excited to see her especially since I've been able to take a few days off work to spend time with her.

Of course, this also means that i've had to pack a lot in over the past two days. Today, for example, I got up early to walk Solly then went to work for 9 am. I was getting lots done so kept at it til about 9pm but because I know that I won't get a chance to train for the next two days (and shopping and visiting stuff isn't really training even if the bags are really heavy) I thought I should finish off the day on the campus board.

I'm still struggling to get 1-3-5 fluidly but I reckon if I keep at it a few times a week I'll get there eventually.

So since the Plywood Masters on Saturday the week has flown past. I went for a quick jog on Sunday but that only resulted in 2 inch blisters on both arches of my feet due to my new orthotics. Damn. Monday I tried the new problems in The Pen. Did all the problems up to 6b and found all the 6bs really really hard. Tuesday I went to the BMC open meeting which was at the Houses of Parliament (well nearby). It was a good meeting and really nice to meet everyone there. We all bemoaned the low attendance to the London and Southeast meetings. Despite having 40% of the BMC membership it's rare to get more than a dozen people turn up to a meeting. I reckon that it's because we don't really have any local issues to get fired up about. We all climb at different crags and have such a broad range of interests that we don't really have a common identity. My solution? A flag that we can pitch up that says- I'm from London and I don't need your pity!

No comments: