Saturday 24 November 2007

Plywood Masters

A bit of an epic to get here. Tim, my chauffeur while I'm sans license, was stuck at work and we didn't leave London til 10pm. I was nearly out the door with the car keys going to drive- slowly and carefully- just to get up to Blackburn for this comp.

Anyway, it was really nice to climb with everyone here during the qualifiers. Most other comps qualis can be totally stressful but this one is different. There's no waiting around to get on a problem. Everyone looks after each other. The only downside is the ridiculous amount of chalk in the air in the main room. Anyway, I had a good run in the qualis and did all 15 blocs for a score of 147. Six women got into the finals- me, Rae, Diane, Leah, Zoe and Rachel. I had a storming session and climbed all 5 blocs in just 6 go's and won. Leah got second and Diane got third.

Had a really good time- wish I had climbed like this during the World Cup season this year. Well, there's always next year and I can look at this as a good prep for next season.

Gonna watch the boys now... Gaz Parry, Ryan Pasquill, Dan Bradley, Tom Sugden, Jordan Buys, Adam , Roddy Mackenzie and Gav Symonds.

No comments: